Whatsapp is arguably one of the most popular messaging platforms in both iOS and Android devices. Whatsappallows users to send and receive messages and photos, and even make phone calls, with our friends, family members, and colleagues.
However, the convenience Whatsapp brings, accidents happen. Sometimes we delete messages in Whatsapp that we don’t intend to. Though it may seem that deleted Whatsapp messages are gone forever, like when you delete iPhone imessages, there are actually ways you can recover them. Here are some ways to recover deleted Whatsapp messages from an iPhone.
Retrieve deleted Whatsapp messages from iCloud
iPhone users have the benefit of saving their app data to the cloud via iCloud, this includes Whatsapp. To make sure you safely back up your chat history and media to iCloud, follow these steps to set up chat backup on Whatsapp settings.
- Open Whatsapp then go to settings.
- Click on Chats, then Chat backup.
- You can choose to manually backup by clicking on “Back Up Now”.
- You can also set up auto back up schedule on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- There is also an option to include or not include Videos on backup.
Restore deleted Whatsapp messages from iTunes
Another way to backup app data and media, including those in Whatsapp, in an iPhone is through iTunes, either on a Windows or Mac computer. If you a regular internet connection is a challenge, this method is more suitable option as it only requires local storage from the computer. To back up and restore through iTunes, follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone via lightning cable then open iTunes.
- Click the iPhone icon on the top of the program and select “Restore Backup”.
- Choose the Backup file that contains the Whatsapp messages you need then click “Restore”.